Thursday 5 December 2013

Kia ora,
I refreshed my blog and changed everything the colour the layout because I did'nt really like my blog so Me mahi ano ahau (start again!!!) So now I'm going to do weekly lessons in maori and monthly video lessons as well. Yeah so I hope you like my new blog, And the first lesson will be my name.......




Parekotuku-

Pare-
Pa-(pa, as in*P*  *A*) re-(re, as in *R* *EAR*)
Pa+re=Pare= Pare means plume, A plume is a bunch of feathers bound together with harakeke (Flax). And it is received in a maori tribe by the cheif of the tribe. Different feathers from different types of birds mean different ranks so each feather is unique in its own way.

Kotuku-
Ko-(ko,as in *K* *Ornament*) tu-(Tu,as in *T* *YOU*) ku-(ku, as in *K* *YOU*)
Ko+tu+ku=Kotuku=Kotuku means heron, A heron is a type of rank and I dont know what it is but I'll ask my dad.

Now try it all together
Pa-(pa, as in*P*  *A*) re-(re, as in *R* *EAR*) Ko-(ko,as in *K* *Ornament*) tu-(Tu,as in *T* *YOU*) ku-(ku, as in *K* *YOU*)
Pa+re+ko+tu+ku=Parekotuku= Plume of a heron!!!

I hope you can say it properly now because not alot of people can, And if you can you just earned a rank!
;)

Sincerly,
Parekotuku




No comments:

Post a Comment